The Buzzer

The Student News Site of Hastings High School

The Buzzer

The Buzzer

Tell us your thoughts!

What types of articles would you like to see next publication?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Most Anticipated Movie Releases of Summer 2024

The summer of 2023 will go down in history for its award-winning movie releases. The cinemas had something for everyone, with the releases of the two Oscar-winning movies, Barbie and Oppenheimer. The theaters roared with pink everywhere and excitement in the air, but the summer of 2024 also has many anticipated releases that will make going to the movies the perfect summer activity again this year. 

The Garfield Movie

Release Date: May 24, 2024

Age Rating: PG

Genre: Family

When the beloved lasagna-eating cat reunites with his biological father, an exciting heist awaits him, as Garfield and Odie give up their relaxed life to join Garfield’s biological father on a thrilling adventure to commit a massive robbery. 

Bad Boys: Ride or Die

Release Date: June 6, 2024

Age Rating: R

Genre: Action/Comedy

Florida policemen Mike Lowry and Marcus Burnett are back for the fourth film of the Bad Boys franchise as they commence a mission to clear the name of their now-dead police captain, Conrad Howard, who is allegedly linked to an organization of drug dealers. 

Inside Out 2

Release Date: June 14, 2024

Age Rating: PG

Genre: Family/Comedy

The sequel to the beloved movie Inside Out follows the developing mind of Riley as she enters her teenage years. Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust, and Fear are confident in their abilities to guide Riley through the rollercoaster of being a teenager. However, when four new emotions Anxiety, Envy, Ennui, and Embarrassment arrive at the headquarters of Riley’s mind, the crew is hesitant to welcome them.

Quiet Place: Day One

Release Date: June 28, 2024

Age Rating: PG-13

Genre: Horror/Sci-Fi

The newest movie in the Quiet Place franchise is set in New York City, when it is invaded by aliens that track by sound. The film follows Sammy and her journey to remain alive at a time when any noise that she makes may result in her not seeing tomorrow. 

Despicable Me 4

Release Date: July 3, 2024

Age Rating: PG

Genre: Family/Comedy

Seven years since the last movie in the franchise was released, the highly anticipated fourth movie welcomes a new villain named Maxime Le Mal, a woman who gets released from jail and seeks revenge on Gru. Gru’s life has undergone a huge change as he struggles to adapt to being a father to his newborn. Thankfully, the minions have new inventions that turn them into superheroes, which will help them save Gru and his family from the new villain. 

Twisters

Release Date: July 19, 2024

Age Rating: PG-13

Genre: Action

The movie follows Kate Cooper and her return to Oklahoma’s open plains after having a traumatizing encounter with a tornado years before. She is dragged to the plains by her friend to test out a new tornado tracking system, and as the tornado season intensifies, it results in Kate and the other chasers that she meets on the way to enter the fight of their lives against a force of nature. 

Deadpool and Wolverine 

Release Date: July 26, 2024

Age Rating: R

Genre: Action/Comedy

The third movie of the action-packed Deadpool series explores Wade Wilson/Deadpool’s peaceful life, as it gets interrupted by a mission where he has to team up with Wolverine to defend humanity against a new threat.

It Ends with Us

Release Date: August 9, 2024

Age Rating: R

Genre: Romance

The movie adaption of the New York Times bestseller It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover stars Blake Lively as Lily, a college graduate who moves to Boston to start her own business. As she settles into her new home, she sparks feelings for Ryle, a neurosurgeon, but her fairytale is interrupted by the return of her first love, Atlas, who seems to be everywhere and threatens her relationship with Ryle.